HOW DO I QUALIFY?
WIN A SEAT ONLINE INSTANTLY IN ONLY TWO STEPS!
STEP 1: FINISH TOP 3 IN ANY BAR RUNNING "BAR POKER OPEN EVENTS"
- Instantly earn a token to use in any weekly online qualifier
STEP 2: USE YOUR TOKEN TO PLAY IN ANY "STEP 2: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER"
- Redeem token at ANY weekly qualifier.
- Tokens do not expire, so you can use them when you can make your time available!
- First Place Every Week: Wins Full Championship Package with Airfare Reimbursement, Hotel Stay, and Seat into the $200,000 National Championship Event.
1 in 20 (estimated) Win Seats into the $200,000 Championship Event
- 1 - 200 Online Players: 6 Seats Guaranteed
- 201 - 300 Players: 10 Seats
- 301 - 400 Players: 15 Seats
- 401 - 500 Players: 20 Seats
- Prizes can be found in tournament details link in the software. No-show players are removed and refunded their tokens after 3 levels, and player count is counted after these no-shows are removed.
- Seat winners will have to pay a $35 Venue Fee that pays for space, unlimited drinks while playing, dealer cost, and staffing costs.
SUPER LEAGUE LEADERBOARDS AND CHAMPIONSHIP
What is the Super League?
The Bar Poker Open "Super League" has been created to rank bar poker league top performers across the country based on an objective points formula that puts into account nightly attendance and finish.
Every bar or league tournament offering BPO Tokens also reports the top 20% of players (rounded up) who earn points in the Super League Leaderboards.
Example: 33 Players = Top 3 Win Tokens, Top 7 Earn Points based on rank
- Those points are tracked on each individual league's leaderboards and within your player dashboard
- At the conclusion of the Super League Season, players who have achieved top ranking within their league's respective Super League Leaderboard will earn additional prize opportunities.
What are those opportunities?
$200,000 National Championship Invites
- For every 5 events hosted by your league during the Super League Season, a BPO Championship Invitation is unlocked for a top player.
- Invites are not a free seat, this is an invitation to buy into the event for both the buy-in and entry fee of a total $235. We have a strict invitation policy, to ensure only the top consistent Bar Poker League Top Players are guaranteed a chance to play in this great event.
- Every entry past our guaranteed prize, will increase the championship prize pool, making this a true poker tournament where every seat raises the value of everyone prize! Bar Poker Open is the first bar poker organization that has done this for the players.
Super League Online Championship
- For every 10 events hosted by your league, a top player in order or rank, is invited to play in the Super League Online Championship
- For every 40 events hosted by your league, a top player in order of rank, is invited to play in the Super League Online Championship and receive an Add-on/Re-buy to use as an advantage in the game.
How Do the Points Leaderboards Work?
Example: if your league hosts 180 events during the Super League Season (about 1 a night):
- The top 36 players earn a $200,000 National Championship Invitation.
- The top 18 players earn a Super League Online Championship Seat
- The Top 4 players earn a free rebuy/add-on advantage in the Super League Online Championship
A BPO Championship Invitation means that the player pays the full buy-in and venue fee to compete. The cost of the 2017 National Championship is $235 for invited players.
We use a modified formula from the Pokerstars TLB Formula. We use a buy-in factor of 20 for all the events even though there is no "buy-ins" in pub events.
What Do I Win in the Super League Online Championship?
Season 3: Nov 6 - May 14, 2017: Earn Rankings for Las Vegas National Championship
May 20, 2017, 11:30 AM (EST) SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP
*TOP 5 WIN FULL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR VEGAS*
(Hotel, $400 Travel Reimbursement, and Seat into day 1A of the $200,000 Championship)